Our Life!

Our Life!
It doesn't matter what road we travel...as long as we travel there together! :)

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Who am I?

My identity? This has been on my mind lately, just who am I? Am I Gary's wife, Makenzie and Zach's Mommy, a family member, a friend, a follower, a leader, a business woman, an athlete (I use that term very loosely these days!)...

I was wrestling with wanting to be more...wanting my own identity. I wanted to know exactly who I "was"...At any given moment I am all of those things or just 1 of them...since I started being more present in the moment a few months ago I realized I am so much better for it! It has brought me more joy and released so much pressure to just live moment to moment and be present in the moment I'm living...

When I'm on a date with Gary or spending time with him after the kids go down, I'm Gary's wife. When I'm playing with my kids or running errands with them, I'm Makenzie and Zach's Mommy. And did I mention how blessed I feel to be their Mommy and that I'm able to stay home with them!
When I'm with our family or chatting with them there is nothing like that family connection, familiarity and security, I'm part of a family.
When I'm spending time with a friend, I'm a friend (and sometimes a Mommy too if the kids are with me!).
When it's 5am and my family is cozy in bed sleeping and I'm on the computer or phone working, I'm a business woman. P31 woman has a whole new meaning to me now! ;)
When I'm working out, I'm trying to be an athlete.
And I hope that in all of these pursuits, I'm a follower of Jesus...in all my interactions I want to reflect Him...Lord, I know I fail at times but I'm trying!

I am so thankful I am who I am...although there are others whom I'd love to be like...and a few traits I'd love to lose of my own...they make me who I am and I am OVER the TOP GRATEFUL for all the things I get to be each day! -Gary's wife, Makenzie and Zach's Mommy, a family member, a friend, a follower, a leader, a business woman, and an athlete (this one still makes me laugh...ok, I used to be an athlete...now I'm just trying to be an athlete!)

No comments: