Our Life!

Our Life!
It doesn't matter what road we travel...as long as we travel there together! :)

Monday, October 19, 2009

OVERWHELMED!

I am so overwhelmed...overwhelmed with gratitude! Today, well yesterday because it is now 1:20AM as I sit here and type...we dedicated Zach. We stood before the congregation of the Church we attend...the Church we love, and committed to raise Zach to know Jesus...not just meet Jesus, but to KNOW Jesus. It is 120am...why am I awake?...we even went to bed early! I'm awake because a little past midnight Zach stirred in his bed and I looked at the monitor (LOVE video monitors!) and saw him cuddle back up with his blanket and go back to sleep...in that very moment my heart was flooded with emotion! Mostly gratitude and a little disbelief...I know it may sound crazy but at times I really wonder if my life is just a dream and I'm going to wake up and realize it. I FEEL LIKE I DESERVE NOTHING THAT I HAVE! Mostly, a God who loves and wants to know me! Jesus is my bestfriend...not because I have been that great of a friend because I haven't. There are days when He calls and I don't answer, there are times when He has asked me to do something for Him and I don't...but yet HE still loves me! My gratitude does not stop there...God has blessed me with 2 of the most amazing little children. Makenzie with her sweet kind spirit and Zach with his constant smile and joy for life...why has He given me so much?! And of course my hubby who loves me unconditionally and is exactly what I need/want!...so wonderful that my need is exactly how God aligned my want.

I truly know that my life and Zach's commitment to Him are in His hands and for that I am grateful! If they were in mine I know I would surely mess it up! Please pray for Zach to come to know and honor God all of his days...and to live a life close to the Lord. I know life can be so hard...I just don't know how people could go through it without the strength from God...I surely could not.

Ok, I really should go back to bed...Zach will be calling me early! Nothing beats the sweet call of "ma-MA!"...although it is a little sweeter after 7am! ;)

*I will post dedication pics later this week and hopefully a video of the dedication for family and friends who couldn't make it!

1 comment:

Michele said...

So sorry we couldn't be there. I cannot wait to see pictures:) So nice chatting with you today:)