Our Life!

Our Life!
It doesn't matter what road we travel...as long as we travel there together! :)

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Shayna & Kevin's 2nd ceremony and reception!

Shayna and Kevin's 2nd (and final!) ceremony and reception was Saturday night at the Church where Kevin is a Pastor in Lodi. It was so beautiful! The Church grounds are probably the prettiest I have ever seen for a Church. The ceremony was in the Amphitheater and behind it is a beautiful little creek and woods. I can not paint a picture of how gorgeous the setting was so you will just have to wait for pics! But the only catch is I don't have them yet! Hopefully soon/today?!!

The ceremony was beautiful! Gary walked Shay down the aisle and the Senior Pastor prayed and then Gary officiated...it was so wonderful and special to see! Gary really did not want to officiate her wedding...he really just wanted to be Daddy on her wedding day. So it was perfect that they did 2 ceremonies because Shay and Gary both got what they wanted! Gary got to be Daddy at the 1st ceremony and Pastor/Daddy at the 2nd! It was beautiful! I love it when Gary does weddings! He always has a message for the audience as well, not just the Bride and Groom. It is like an opportunity for every couple to renew their vows and a reminder of what marriage is and where our focus should be! He did such a great job! And I have to admit I have a little crush on the guy! ;) Ok more than a little! He also challenged everyone there since it is basically their "community" to commit to pray for them for a year...it got me thinking, am I praying for my "community" enough?...no. Most of the people that I know that read my blog are from our "community" so just an fyi-I'm committing to pray for you more!

We had such a great time with everyone and are so grateful everything went so smoothly! The kids were GREAT! Zach was an absolute champ! He is usually in bed by 630p at the latest! And he was up past 10p! And was still all smiles! PRAISE GOD! And Maki was adorable as the flower girl. She even announced to everyone at the reception that it was time for cake on the microphone! She wanted more time with the microphone but Gary had to pry it out of her hands...so cute!

Shayna planned and designed the whole reception herself! It was beautiful and I'm not just saying that because it's Shayna! Everything was perfect! She really should start a wedding planning business! Although I'm pretty sure she is burnt out now after 2 of her own in 4 weeks! LOL! We are too! But it was all so worth it! And I got a pretty dress out of it! Once again, Shayna has great taste!

Tita and Jaja flew in from Buffalo where they were spending a month or so and we are so grateful for them coming all that way! And for all the help they were with the kids!

Well enough of my ramblings for tonight! Praising God for such a great time! And praising God for marriage...especially mine.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Any pictures yet??

Sumner Family Fun said...

I still can't post them yet! I only have some from the ceremony and am waiting on the rest. SORRY! SOON! ;)