Our Life!

Our Life!
It doesn't matter what road we travel...as long as we travel there together! :)

Thursday, September 11, 2008

We love Barney!

We love Barney! Makenzie took an interest in Barney actually in Hawaii. We bought a few DVD's for the plane and Barney was one of them...now she is hooked! But this is why Gary and I are hooked: So everyone knows the song from Barney "I love you, you love me!" well every time it comes on Makenzie runs right over to us and sings it with us and gives us "BIG HUGS!" and "KISSES!" So fun! And Gary and I can start to sing that song anywhere and Maki comes running to give us big hugs and kisses! SO WONDERFUL! I have really never had an opinion about Barney...just a purple dinosaur to me. But Gary on the other hand has NEVER really liked the big purple dinosaur...he knows many sarcastic songs and so many jokes about Barney. But now, Gary is 1 of his biggest fans! I just laugh at the irony of it all! :)
I actually had this realization a few weeks back but was reminded of it yesterday when Gary was enthralled in a Barney show with Maki...What ever is important to those we love becomes a priority to us! I realized this when we were in Hawaii and Chelsea, Shayna and Gary would all watch Barney with Makenzie...it was so cute and heart touching to me to walk in the room and see 3 grown adults watching Barney. It was a great reminder that whatever is a priority to those we love will become a joy and priority to us! I think there are so many activities in all of our lives that we would not choose on our own...but they become a regular activities that we now enjoy! :)
I am really overwhelmed and thankful to all my family and friends who have become interested in the things that are important to me...for me! I hope am doing as much in return for you!
Here are a few pics!
I found this pic on my computer...this was taken almost 2 years ago! My baby is growing up SO FAST!

Daddy and Maki making the birds fly away!

Our new van! Totally kidding! I wish! :) This is an organic vegi dog of course!
Maki just looked pretty in her dress for Sunday school!

No comments: