Our Life!

Our Life!
It doesn't matter what road we travel...as long as we travel there together! :)

Sunday, February 1, 2009

my dad

As I sit here watching The Superbowl I am reminded of a Superbowl 15 years ago...it was in Atlanta and the Bills were playing the Cowboys. The year before all the boys from our family went to the Superbowl and I was so disappointed, I really wanted to go. So my Dad said if the Bills were in the Superbowl the following year he would take me to it. Sure enough, the Bills won the AFC and my Dad stuck to his end of the deal! Bet he didn't think they would make it again! But he stuck to his word and we were off to Atlanta...I had the time of my life! It was an unbelievable experience! We bought tickets (way too much!) from a guy in a Hotel and he wouldn't sell them to my Dad because my Dad looked like a "cop or FBI" (the guy was right!) so he sold them to me...I just gave him an envelope of $$$ and he gave me the tickets. Yes, I was a bit nervous! But the best part was just having 1 on 1 time with my Dad...I didn't necessarily appreciate it then, but now I do. I misunderstood my Dad for so long (don't most kids?!)...but I am so grateful I understand him now (for the most part!lol!)! He loves his family with everything he has to give and supports us in everything. He is also the most generous person I have ever met!..I'm so grateful I realized how amazing he is! I wish I had just a fraction of his determination and discipline! He once smoked 2 packs a day for 20 years and quit in 1 day! And has not had a cigarette since...almost 20 years ago! He got his black belt in Karate just a few years ago. And he always has time for me...no matter what. And I love that every time we hang up he says "I love you"...he is this big, tough guy with a heart of gold.
Thanks for all you have brought to my life Dad...I LOVE YOU!
The next time the Bills are in the Superbowl I will take you! Hopefully the Bills will get their act together soon! :)
My Dad and his big tough dog, Buddy!

No comments: