Our Life!

Our Life!
It doesn't matter what road we travel...as long as we travel there together! :)

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

YOSEMITE!

We had 6 wonderful nights in Yosemite! Words do not express what that place does for my soul...EVERY time we are there I feel so close to the Lord. Is it because of the lack of distractions, no cell service, no Internet service- except at the business center at the Awahnee (wish we didn't find that out!...but we only checked once after a yummy breakfast treat!), or the simplicity of life, or possibly because I'm with my beloved family 24/7 with no other care in the world, or possibly just looking at God's beautiful amazing creation every time you look up.? I don't really know what it is, I'm sure it is all of those reasons and more that I'm not even aware of...but, I am so thankful for the refreshing time! The last evening we were there Gary put both kids down (like he does so often! Thank you my love!) and I went on a bike ride at dusk. I rode to the meadow and just stared at Halfdome for 15 minutes and just prayed. Prayed a prayer of thanksgiving...I could not be more thankful for all the blessings in my life, and it is times like this, when I feel so close to the Lord that thanksgiving prayers are really all I can pray. I don't believe there is 1 more thing I could possibly ask for with all I feel He has given me/allowed me to have. My salvation, my husband, my children, our family-who loves us unconditionally, our friends-old and new-who love us unconditionally. I have far more blessings than I deserve. I am so grateful that Yosemite is just a 5 hour drive away-pretty good time I think pulling a trailer and with 2 little ones who need pit stops! We love every opportunity we get to go!
Okay enough of my ramblings...here are the pics!
We had a BLAST! Makenzie was in heaven with the outdoors! She is so much fun! And Zach was really at the perfect stage for my anal germ phobias! He is crawling all over the place and standing but not walking yet so he would just crawl around the trailer but when we were out and about he didn't touch anything we didn't want him to! It was great! The next trip when he is walking I'm sure is going to help me grow in that germ area...but for now I'm thankful! ;)
The 1 pic of all of us! :)
piggy back time!
They were going on a walk...obviously someone wanted to cuddle!


We had eggs in the trailer from our last trip in the toy box and they were a huge hit this trip too! yeah for Easter eggs! :) Can you see her cozy little bed next to her! She loves it! I should of taken a pic of Gary reading her stories...scrunched! :)
beauty...
my man can park! Yes our site was like a 90 degree angel to get the trailer in! CRAZY! He parked it on his 1st try! We could not believe it he thought for sure it would take 3 or 4 maneuvers! I would of given up and went to the Lodge! Yeah Gary! :)
This is pretty much a theme...our kids love Daddy holding them! Even if it is together! ;)
My bike partner!
She was so excited her skirt had pink on it and it matched her shirt! She wanted a picture!
Daddy and Maki riding!
Happy Boy!
SO GLAD WE BROUGHT THIS TOY! He loved having it outside too!
The River was COLD! Gary jumped in! I thought he was CRAZY! Well he is crazy, he loves me! ;)
I love my boy!
picnic time!
Again, Happy Boy! :)

My boys!
Throwing rocks! Every AM...
Playing in the trailer! Yes that trash can is disinfected! ;)
Mommy I'm so tired...
I love my baby girl!
Sorry this is actually the only shot I took of scenery...we took so many last time I figured nothing changed. ;)
Oh my gosh I love this little girl! :)

Look.at.those.eyes.
Mommy I don't need a nap! ;)
I love this man!

Daddy carried both kids most of the way on a hike...thankfully he is in such great shape! He actually enjoyed it! I enjoyed my relaxing hike too! LOL! ;)

My life... :)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I love your pictures!! You guys are such a camping family..Im so impressed! Your kids are gorgeous but Mak looks skinny arn't you feeding her anymore? Looks like you all had a ball.I've been camping with Gary and he is truly remarkable ...as doug sings "he does it all"

Love, Tita said...

What a nice blog! You take great pictures! What a beautiful family!
You are truly Blessed!

Sumner Family Fun said...

THANKS Ladies! I know Carrie Maki does looks so skinny! She is so tall now! Growth spurt! I assure you she is eating! ;) Remember who her Mommy and Daddy are! LOL! Gary laughed when we read what you wrote! We had such a blast camping with you guys! Do you remember how cold Chachy was? Poor thing! We should do it again!