Our Life!

Our Life!
It doesn't matter what road we travel...as long as we travel there together! :)

Thursday, January 22, 2009

no words to express...

Wow this was a long week...I know my posts are usually pretty upbeat and happy because that is usually how my life is...but this week is HARD!

Let me start with I HATE CANCER! They call it the kind killer because you have time to say goodbye to your loved ones but I disagree...It is just a torturous time of not knowing how long you have with that loved one while they are going through it.
A very dear friend of ours passed away this week from pancreatic cancer...it was a hard battle on both him and his wife...please pray for his wife Carole. I CAN'T imagine how hard this is on her...Her husband Don was a wonderful, kind, caring and wise man. Don and Carole were actually one of our 1st friends here in Los Altos...they were our neighbors at our last house. We haven't told Makenzie yet...she really took to both Don and Carole and she talks about them all the time. She knows Don was sick because we would always pray for him, she says "soon Don will feel much much better!".

And I just got a phone call from one of my best friends, Larra...her husband's mother passed away this AM of pancreatic cancer! Please keep Joel and Larra in your prayers as well...tough times. I can't imagine how hard it is to lose your mother...Joel and his mom had such a wonderful and close relationship...really very inspiring as a mother. I never had the privilege to get to know his mom but know she was a remarkable woman by the son she raised!

Please also remember Mikael and his family as they are battling as we speak for his life...

What is the deal with CANCER?! We went through the battle last year with my Mom and we are so grateful she made it! It was such a long road...

My prayer is that in this decade we can find a cure for cancer...

It is also such a reminder to be so grateful for everyone in our life! I know life is tough, and things like this are just a reminder to cherish our time with the people we love...people first!

No comments: